Conference Cancellation Policy

  1. If you registered and you couldn’t attend the event for any reason you may substitute, by arrangement with the registrar, someone else to attend in your place.
  2. If you registered and you couldn’t attend, and you informed the conference registrar in writing by the final date for payment displayed on the website for the event in question, the fee paid can be left with EDUCHAINS as payment towards a place at the same event the following year or another EDUCHAINS event that takes place in the 12 months following the originally booked event. In the case of a contributing author, the paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings if the fee is held over for another conference, but may be eligible for publication in the later event if appropriate.
  3. If you “the registrant” unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer your place to another person or to another event, then the following refund terms and conditions will be applied:

Authors:

  1. A refund of 80% of the fees paid will be given for cancellations as a result of a paper not being accepted. The remaining 20% of the fee contributes to administration costs incurred by Educhains.
  2. A refund of 80% will be given for cancellations received 60 days prior to the start of the event
  3. A refund of 50% will be given for cancellations received in less than 60 days, but more than 30 days to the start of the event 
  4. No refund will be issued for cancellations received within 30 days of the event, nor failure to attend
  5. Failure to register after receiving a paper acceptance following the review process will incur a EUR50 review fee.

Non-authors:

  1. Registrations cancelled more than 10 days before the event are eligible for a refund of the registration fees paid, less a EUR50 administration charge.
  2. No refund will be issued for cancellations received within 10 days of the event.

Visa Issues:

  1. Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid in excess of EUR200, which covers the costs associated with processing the paper. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and the registrant will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings. Early bird Student registrations are not refundable in this instance.
  2. Cancellations from non-authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid less an administration charge of EUR50 per participant registered providing notification is received within 10 days of the event.

 Important note for failed visa applications

Notification must be received by EDUCHAINS in writing (email or fax) no later than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will no longer be eligible for refund.

In the event that printed proceedings have been ordered and the registrant is unable to attend, additional postage charges will be applied before books will be dispatched.

Refunds will be made in the following ways:

  1. For payments received by credit or debit cards, the same credit/debit card will be refunded.
  2. For all other payments, a bank transfer will be made to the payee nominated account.

 Important: For payments received by bank transfer, the refund will be made by bank transfer and all bank charges will be for the registrants account.

The policy as stated on this page is valid from Jan 2019.